Aruba PWA 2011

Four days for competition and only a bit more than 2 competing. Conditions were very difficult for all of us, but it's the same for everyone, so... Heat duration was 9min with 3min transition and that was enough to finish one double elimination. I was a little bit unlucky with the draw but no matter what you have to do all your best. I failed this time as I could do much more. In the single Quincy Offringa showed he can sail good in thoose conditions, so next chance was in double elimination for me. First I won with a solid heat against another local sailor Westera and after Choco Frans from Bonaire, fully in form, stopped me. I also took too small sail which didn't give me a chance to show my good moves. End result 25. place. Not satisfied, but I am fully motivated to climb up on Canaries. Lets see...the forecast is not so bad for Lanzarote- next PWA event which will take place 30.6. - 3.7. Have fun and stay tuned


0 comments:

Post a Comment

You can post comments here: